Posted on Jul 6, 2017
Province Commits $1.53 billion to Green Line
Big news for Calgary Buffalo! Earlier today I joined Premier Rachel Notley and Minister Brian Mason to announce full funding for Calgary's Green Line LRT. Now is the time to invest in infrastructure, to build lasting projects, and create jobs to make life better for Albertans.
The Green Line is Calgary's highest transit infrastructure priority.
- The Government of Alberta will invest up to $1.53 billion committed over 8 years to support Stage 1 of Calgary's Green Line LRT
- The province has already committed more than $345 million to Calgary LRT projects, including $148 million for Green Line early works
- Funding for Green Line will come from carbon levy revenues
- This is the largest single investment in infrastructure funding in Alberta's history
Beltine LRT Alignment
Learn more about the underground alignment along 12th Avenue.
- Stage 1 of the Green Line will connect communities from 16th Avenue North through the downtown core to Shepard in the southeast
- Stage 1 will create 20,000 direct and indirect jobs
- Green Line will serve up to 65,000 people a day
- Green house gases will be reduced by 30,000 tonnes a year
- View the City of Calgary's Green Line Map